Aug 3, 2011

"Remind Me" video most boring ever?

Brad Paisley is one of the most entertaining people in country music. He puts on an outstanding live show, and previous videos for "Online," "I'm Gonna Miss Her" and, my personal favorite, "Celebrity" are laugh-out-loud funny. Carrie Underwood's voice may be the only thing on earth more beautiful than her smile. Put the two of them together, and they create a dynamite hit song. Unfortunately, they also create a lackluster music video.
Obviously, making a humorous video for this song makes no sense, so I understand that. I also understand that both performers are married and wanted to keep things "delicate." And I even understand the metaphor, but was walking through the desert to each other really all they could come up with? Really? I mean, that could have been part of it, but the whole thing? It's excruciatingly boring. Why couldn't they have had actors play the lovers' roles and just done cutaways of Brad and Carrie in the desert? I think it would have been a much better approach.

Don't get me wrong, "Remind Me" is an excellent song, and it's worth listening to over and over and over, I just wish the video could have provided a similar spark. To quote the great William Shatner: "The end of the song, I liked it... You know when the song ends and you come to a complete stop, I liked that."

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home