Aug 4, 2011

CNY country radio debate

I must confess that I'm a pretty lucky guy. I live in between Syracuse and Utica, giving me access to four different country radio stations. So, which one is the best to listen to?

Bug Country - Bug Country broadcasts from the Mohawk Valley area, so Syracuse listeners will have a hard time picking it up. I found this station recently, and I like what I hear. I've heard them play new songs before anyone else, but they also play more classic songs than the other three stations, which is a nice change of pace. My only complaint is that they frequently remind listeners they're not Big Frog. We get it.

Wolf 105.1 - Wolf 105.1 is a new station, beginning broadcasting a few years ago. They play a good mix of songs and their on air personalities keep the chatter to a minimum, aside from Big D and Bubba in the morning. While the duo are funny, it's a national show, where I prefer a morning team who can address issues in this area.

B104.7 - To be completely honest, I don't listen to B104.7 much. It's not a knock on the station, it's just never been my first choice. The final station on the list is the reason why.

Big Frog 104 - I confess, when it comes to radio stations, I'm a homer. I've listened to Big Frog since I was a kid, back when it was just the Frog. I need Matt Herkimer when I wake up in the morning and Greg "Splashin'" McShea to get me through the workday. It just feels like home, which is what country music is all about.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home