Aug 31, 2011

Trace Adkins at the New York State Fair


Hi everyone, first off, sorry it's been so long since I've posted. Fear not, I'm back now and I've got plenty of topics to cover and the time/Internet access I need to share them with you!
First, who else enjoyed Trace Adkins' performance at the New York State Fair Saturday? He put on a great show, as you can see from the video below.


Big Kahuna Donut Burger

Now this was an interesting experience for me. As Chevy (or Cole Muffler) Court veterans know, seating is first come first serve. I'm pretty sure I came close to last. Believe me, I had every intention of arriving early, grabbing a good seat and shooting some excellent photos/videos of Trace, but the tantalizing diversions of donut burgers and freak show funhouses scuttled that plan. By the time I arrived, there was no way to get anywhere near the stage. 

The zoom on my camera is actually really good.
About 30 minutes before showtime me and a group of friends settled in near the News Channel 9 booth. Being this far away meant we couldn't really see the stage, or understand exactly what Trace was saying throughout the show. The music also wasn't loud enough that we had to shout to have a conversation. So we spent the show talking, laughing and admiring Trace's leg-sized arms. Fortunately, his booming voice was easy to understand while he was singing, so we could also enjoy the music.
All-in-all, we didn't catch every single word of the show, but Trace sung his heart out and we appreciated it. I would definitely recommend going to see Trace in concert. Even if you can barely see or hear him, all you need is a good group of friends to have a good time.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home